Video consultations are now routine. The availability of face-to-face appointments varies due to the coronavirus outbreak. As the incidence of the virus increases this reduces are capacity to safely see patients face to face as space at our Kirby Chemist Branch is more limited.
PLEASE READ THE FULL GUIDANCE BELOW BEFORE BOOKING A VIDEO CONSULTATION
BEFORE YOU BOOK - WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- A screening questionnaire must be completed before your appointment - the consultation will not go ahead without this
- Video consultations are 20 minutes and cannot overrun or be extended without prior agreement. If you feel a longer appointment is required, please email email@example.com
- No other appointment types including Lifestyle Medicine are available at this time
- Payments for video consultations must be made at the time of booking and are refundable if cancelled more than 2 hours before the appointment
- Video consultations can ONLY be booked online, they cannot be booked by email or phone.
- Blood testing is available if required/recommended. Blood testing kits can be posted to you with full details of how to do the test with a finger prick blood draw. If you are booking an appointment to request blood tests, please make this clear on the booking form.
WHO ARE VIDEO CONSULTATIONS FOR?
- New and existing patients can book a video consultation
- Video consultations are only available for individual adults. Appointments for children or families cannot be accommodated at this time
AFTER YOU HAVE BOOKED YOUR APPOINTMENT:
You will receive an email with the following important information:
- Confirmation of the date and time of the video consultation.
- The current information and advice from the government regarding the coronavirus.
- A screening questionnaire that must be completed before your video consultation. Without this your appointment will be cancelled.
- Details on how to make payment for your video consultation. Payment MUST be received in advance of the appointment otherwise it will not proceed.
- A link which will connect you to the encrypted video portal. You MUST click this link 10 minutes before your appointment is due to start.
GETTING READY FOR YOUR VIDEO CONSULTATION:
The following devices can be used for video consultations:
- Smartphone with camera
- Tablet with camera
- Desktop/Laptop computer with webcam
Please ensure you have two forms of photo ID to show at the beginning of the appointment
CONNECTING FOR YOUR VIDEO APPOINTMENT:
- 10 minutes before your start time, click on the link you were sent in your booking confirmation email which will direct you to an encrypted video portal.
- Once both you and the GP are both connected to the video portal the consultation will commence.
PLEASE NOTE: 20 minutes are allocated for video consultations. Once 20 minutes has passed, the connection will be stopped. The GP will be prompt where possible and inform you of the time as it passes.
DURING THE APPOINTMENT:
First the GP will run through a brief checklist which will cover the following:
- Your identity and the clinician’s identity and registration number
- A statement around the limitations of the video consultation
- A statement around the limitations of prescribing medication
- A statement around the limitations of access following the video consultation
- What would happen should the video portal connection be interrupted or severed prematurely
- Seeking your consent to proceed
Once the checklist is completed, the GP will attend to your concerns for the remainder of the 30 minutes. During this time, the GP may agree to a follow-up telephone consultation and you’ll receive instructions on how to book this.
AFTER YOUR VIDEO CONSULTATION:
After your appointment, you will receive an email and electronic letter summarising the consultation, usually the same day once the GP has typed their notes and pending any results that are being awaited (e.g. from home blood tests). The email will also include further and current guidance on coronavirus.
If the GP agrees to a further telephone consultation, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss availability. Telephone consultations cannot be booked online.
We cannot provide individual patients with ongoing telephone or email support as we will be unable to do this safely or effectively and your medical condition may change.
Book an appointment